The Most Handy Paris Travel Guide For Muslim Travellers
For most avid Muslim travellers, Paris is one of the cities in Europe that they would like to visit. Even though it is not an Islamic city, Paris is still quite Muslim-friendly, in terms of the tourist attractions, availability of mosques and Halal restaurants, as well as Muslim-friendly hotels. In this Paris travel guide for Muslim travellers, we will share with you several beneficial information and tips.
We will convince you why it is one of the best destinations for family vacations or solo travel trips. We will share which Halal friendly hotels you can stay at, which Muslim-friendly places in Paris you can visit, and where to find Halal restaurants in Paris, France.
The handy Paris travel guide for Muslim travellers for you to use!
In this Paris travel guide for Muslim travellers, we will show you why tourists love to go to Paris, either with their family, friends or alone. You will see that the romantic city has more to offer than its famous Eiffel Tower or quaint roadside cafes and bistros.
Reasons why Muslim travellers keep visiting Paris France
- A plethora of attractions for you to visit. It is a perfect destination for Muslim travellers who love to stay active during their trip and visit one monument after another.
- Finding Halal food is not that difficult. Besides the classic cafes and bistros, you can easily find Halal restaurants in the City of Love. French, Moroccan, Arabian, Asian, Mexican – you name it, you got it!
- Muslim friendly hotels are available for you to select. These Halal hotels in Paris either serve Halal breakfast, vegetarian meals, or located near to Halal restaurants.
- Paris has something for both adults and kids. For you, there are Centre Pompidou, Musée du Louvre or Champs-Élysées. For your kids, Paris Disneyland should make them excited.
- Growing Muslim population and several mosque options. Islam is the fastest growing religion in Europe and in France alone, there are over 5 million Muslims. The must-visit mosque in Paris has got to be the Grandee Mosque.
Basic information for Muslim travellers
To make your trip to Paris a pleasant one, make sure you equip yourself with this basic info.
- Paris experiences Spring in April & May, Autumn in September & October, Summer in June & August, and Winter in November & January.
- Paris has a timezone of GMT +2, so make sure you adjust your watch upon landing.
- Learn a little bit of French to blend with the locals. “Bonjour” is “Hello” and “Merci” is “Thank you”.
- There are many ways to get to Paris. Most major airlines fly to this popular city. You can also take European trains and buses.
- Euro, €, is the fficial currency in Paris. ATM machines are easy to find in the city, but the best way to shop in Paris is by using a credit card as your cash can get stolen. VISA and MasterCard are widely accepted.
Muslim-friendly hotels in Paris
As a Muslim traveler, your trip to France will be more pleasant if you stay at a hotel that serves the needs of a Muslim. Halal breakfast, alcohol-free mini bar, private pool, a prayer area or Qibla direction are some of the things that we look for.
Consider the hotels that we have shared in this Paris travel guide for Muslim travellers for you to stay during your holiday in the City of Light.
1. Hôtel Chateaubriand
One of the Muslim friendly hotels in Paris that you can book is Hôtel Chateaubriand. Here, you can request for Halal breakfast or simply enjoy the fresh croissant that they serve in their cafe.
It is also an ideal hotel for you if you’d like to stay in the Champs-Elysées neighborhood. Famous attractions like the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, and Grand Palais are just around the corner.
- Address: 6 rue Chateaubriand, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France
2. Hotel George Washington
Hotel George Washington is also a Muslim friendly hotel in Paris that is suitable for Muslim travellers. If you’d like to have a Halal breakfast at the hotel, you can make your request in advance.
Or, you can walk around the area as there are several Halal restaurants near this hotel. Since it is also located in the Champs-Elysées area, you can easily visit popular attractions in Paris.
- Address: 43 rue Washington, 8th arr., Champs Elysées, Paris, Île-de-France (Region), 75008, France
To get the best prices and make your online booking now, click here!
3. Hôtel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysées
Here is another best Halal friendly hotel option for you to consider – Hôtel Lancaster. At this hotel, you can request for a prayer mat for you to use it in your hotel room.
Plus, there are several Halal restaurants near the hotel. Getting Halal lunch and dinner will be a breeze if you stay at Hotel Lancaster.
- Address: 7, rue de Berri, 8th arr., 75008 Paris, France
To stay in the famous Champs-Elysées area and enjoy Muslim-friendly amenities at this hotel, make your online reservation now by clicking here!
4. Hotel Derby Alma
Also located in the heart of Paris, Hotel Derby Alma is another Muslim friendly hotel that you can book. It is strategically located near popular places in the city and Halal restaurants.
By staying at this hotel, you do not have to worry about getting Halal food or visiting the famous tourists attractions in Paris.
- Address: 8, Avenue Rapp, 7th arr., 75007 Paris, France
Click here now to get the best prices and make a quick and easy online booking!
5. Relais Christine
Planning to stay at a luxurious 5-star hotel in Paris? Then, you should consider Relais Christine Hotel. Set in a 17th-century mansion, Relais Christine is an opulent hotel that can cater to the needs of their Muslim guests.
You can request to have an alcohol-free mini bar in your room and a copy of the Qur’an mushaf. Plus, by staying at this hotel, you can easily visit Musée d’Orsay, the Luxembourg Gardens, and the Louvre Museum.
- Address: 3, Rue Christine, 6th arr., 75006 Paris, France
Paris travel guide for Muslim travellers – Halal Restaurants
Paris is one of the famous Muslim-friendly cities in Europe that provide plenty of Halal eateries for Muslim travellers. When you are in the city, stop by at one of these Halal restaurants.
- Restaurant Argana – Moroccan food, signature dishes: beef tagine & veggie couscous, 13 rue de Bagnolet, 75020 Paris, +33 6 69 63 00 11
- Baili Restaurant – Mexican food, signature dish: hamburger, 29 rue Saint Blaise, 75020 Paris, +33 9 50 69 17 07
- Les Grands Enfants – French food, signature dishes: beef bourgeois & lamb shank, 160 boulevard de Charonne, 75020 Paris, +33 1 43 43 24 61
- New Balal Restaurant – Indian/Pakistani food, signature dishes: kulfi & chicken tikka masala, 25 rue Taitbout, 75009 Paris, +33 1 42 46 53 67
- Chez Cleopatre – Greek/Fast Food, signature dish: falafel, 46 rue Condorcet, 75009 Paris, +33 6 12 64 86 09
For more Halal restaurant options in Paris, check out this article.
Top popular attractions to visit in Paris
There are numerous famous places in this capital city of France, but in this Paris travel guide for Muslim travellers, we are compiling some of the most prominent landmarks that we think you should not miss visiting – they complete your trip to Paris!
1. Eiffel Tower
Located in Champ de Mars, the Eiffel Tower is one of the Muslim friendly attractions in Paris that you should not miss visiting. It is the symbol of France!
You can marvel at its wondrous architecture or just soak the lovely ambiance at this place. But one thing for sure, don’t forget to take lots of pictures here for memory sake.
- Opening hours: 9am – 12.25am
- Ticket price: €8.50 to get to the top of the tower
- Getting there: Bir-Hakeim (line 6) & Trocadéro (line 9) Metro stations
2. Notre Dame
Another famous attraction in Paris that needs no introduction is Notre Dame de Paris. It is a historical monument that boasts beautiful Gothic architecture.
Entering Notre Dame is free but if you would like to enter the tower, you will have to pay some fee. And, it is worth it as the panoramic view from the top is amazing!
- Opening hours: 8am – 6.45pm (7.45pm on weekends)
- Ticket price: from €10
- Getting there: St-Michel Notre Dame & Cité (Line 4) Metro stations
3. Champs-Élysées Avenue
Besides the famous Eiffel Tower, the avenue of Champs-Élysées is another prominent landmark in Paris that should be visited by Muslim travellers. The 2-kilometre avenue has been dubbed as the most beautiful avenue in the world!
Located in between Place de la Concorde and the Arc de Triomphe, you can stroll this avenue during the day or at night. While strolling, you can stop by at one of the luxury boutiques and flagship shops!
- Getting there: Charles de Gaulle Étoile (line 1) Metro station
4. Louvre Museum
During your Halal holiday in Paris, France, don’t forget to go to the Louvre Museum, especially if you love to visit art galleries and exhibitions.
It is the world’s most visited museum! Here, you will be able to look at many collections of artifacts, arts, and sculptures – Mona Lisa painting is one of them!
- Opening hours: 9am – 6pm, closed on Tuesday
- Ticket price: €9
- Getting there: Palais-Royal Musée du Louvre (Lines 1 & 7) Metro station
5. Arc de Triomphe
Overlooking the Champs-Elysées, the Arc de Triomphe is the biggest arch in the world that you should visit while having a halal vacation in Paris France.
This arch is built in honour of those who fought in the Napoleonic Wars. Here, you can marvel at its wonderful architecture while looking at the names of all those French generals who had died during the war.
- Opening hours: 10am – 11pm
- Ticket price: €9.50 to climb the arch
- Getting there: Charles-de-Gaulle-Etoile (Lines 1, 2 & 6) Metro stations
6. Disneyland Paris
If you are having a holiday in Paris with your family and children, then you should visit Disneyland Paris. It is Europe’s most visited theme park that is located about 32 km away from Paris city centre.
- Opening hours: 10am – 11pm
- Ticket price: from €55 for a one-day ticket
- Getting there: Marne-la-Valee station (RER)
Other popular attractions in Paris France
Besides the top 6 must-visit places in France above, there are still many popular and Muslim-friendly attractions available for you to explore. Check out the list in this Paris travel guide for Muslim travellers.
- Palace of Versailles
- Place de la Concorde
- Musée d’Orsay
- Le Marais
- Jardin du Luxembourg
- Tuileries Garden
- Centre Georges Pompidou
- lace de la Bastille
- Musée Picasso
- Louvre Pyramid
- Luxembourg Palace
Mosques in Paris that you can visit
One of the best ways to mingle with the locals, especially French Muslims, is by going to the mosques. In this Muslim travel guide to Paris, we will share with you a list of mosques that you can visit.
- The Great Mosque Of Paris (Grande Mosquée de Paris), 39 rue Geoffroy-Saint-Hilaire, 75005 Paris
- Centre Culturel Algérien, 171 Rue de la Croix-Nivert, 75015 Paris
- Mosquée El Fatih, 64 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Denis, 75010, Paris
- Hammam Paris Mosque, 39 Rue Geoffroy-Saint-Hilaire, 75005 Paris
Paris travel guide for Muslim travellers – Enjoy a memorable vacation with this guide!
Paris is a city that can truly provide you with a memorable Halal vacation, thanks to its plethora of attractions, amazing architecture, interesting history and Muslim-friendly facilities – Halal restaurants are abundant in this city!
Plan your trip and use this Paris travel guide for Muslim travellers to know where to stay, where to eat, and which places to visit during your holiday in France.
Have you been to France before? Did we miss anything important in this Paris travel guide for Muslim travellers? Share with us in the comment box below! 🙂