Explore The Charming City of London With This Muslim Friendly Travel Guide
There are so many things to see and do when you are having a Halal vacation in London. Hence, proper planning is almost a mandatory thing to do before your travel trip. Now before you get into a panic mode, let us just assure that this Muslim friendly London travel guide has every information that you will need during your family holiday in England!
Muslim friendly London travel guide – A must-visit city for a fun Halal holiday
We all know by now that London is a very Muslim friendly city. The Muslim community is growing every year, Halal restaurants are easy to find, and mosques are plenty in the city. If you are planning to spend a few days in the UK, make sure you use this Muslim London travel guide as your reference.
Basic info about London
Here are some details that you should know about London.
- The best time to go to London is during Summer (June – Sept). The days are sunny and long (more time to explore before it gets dark!).
- Spring (March – June) and Autumn (Sep – Dec) also offers great weather. Winter tends to be cold and the days are short.
- London is using Pound Sterling (£) as its currency.
- London is on BST (British Summer Time), which equals to GMT +1. Adjust your clock accordingly when you are in this city!
- ATM machines are everywhere in this city. VISA and Mastercard are widely accepted. The best place to change your cash is at any post offices (zero commission!).
- There are several airports in London – Heathrow, Gatwick, City, Stansted.
Why should you visit London for your Halal holiday?
As one of the world’s most visited Muslim friendly cities, London has many things to offer. In this Muslim friendly London travel guide, we will show you the reasons why you should visit London.
- It makes Muslim travellers feel right at home. It is safe to say that wherever you go in many parts of London, you will bump into a Muslim. Islam is London’s second biggest religion!
- You do not have to go hungry. Halal food is abundant in the UK. You can dine at one of the many Halal restaurants in London after a busy day of sightseeing!
- Easy to find Muslim friendly tours in London. There are several tours in London for Muslims that you can select. One of them is the hop-on, hop-off Muslim History Tours.
- Halal friendly hotels in London. When you stay at a Halal friendly hotel in this city, you can request for a prayer mat, Qibla direction, or Halal meals.
- Finding a place to pray is easy. London is home to several mosques. One of the biggest is The London Central Mosque, also known as Islamic Cultural Centre (ICC).
- Offer a plethora of recognizable landmarks for you to explore. A day in London will not be enough to finish exploring famous attractions in this city. Big Ben, Hyde Park, London Eye, Trafalgar Square, and Buckingham Palace are some of them!
Halal friendly hotels in London for Muslim travellers
In this Muslim friendly London travel guide, we have picked several Halal friendly hotels that you can book. They can cater to your needs as a Muslim by either serving Halal breakfast or situated near a mosque or Halal restaurants.
Muslim friendly five-star hotels in London
For a luxurious stay, you can consider staying at one of the following five-star hotels:
- Dukes London: Five-star, serves Vegan food, located near the Great British Restaurant (GBR) that grant Halal food requests, near Buckingham Palace and The Mall London
- Corinthia Hotel London: Five-star, grants Halal food requests, near Trafalgar Square and London Eye
- The Westbridge Hotel: Four-star, serves Halal food, 2-minute away from Stratford Underground Station
- Bermondsey Square Hotel: Four-star, serves Halal and vegetarian breakfast, near London Bridge Train Station (800m)
- The Dorchester: Five-star, serves Halal menu card at the hotel’s China Tang Restaurant, overlooks Hyde Park
Muslim friendly mid-range hotels in London
- Holiday Villa Hotel: Three-star, serves Halal Malaysian food, 600m away from Queensway London Underground Station
- The Alexandra: Three-star, located near to Tukdin Halal Malaysian and KFC restaurant, 200m away from Paddington Station
- The Bridge Hotel: Three-star, on-site Persian Restaurant serves Halal food, Southwark Underground Station is 10-minute away
- Qbic Hotel London City: Three-star, located near to East London Mosque and London Muslim Centre, 5 minutes walk to Aldgate Tube Station
Muslim friendly budget hotels in London
- Ibis Budget London Whitechapel: Two-star, located near to East London Mosque and London Muslim Centre, a few minutes away from Whitechapel Underground Station
- Travelodge London Liverpool Street: Two-star, 900 metres from London Muslim Centre, near Liverpool Street station
- Central London Budget Hotel: Two-star, serves Halal, Kosher and Vegetarian food upon request, near Lancaster Gate Tube Station, 2 minutes walk from Hyde Park
Best Halal restaurants in London that you should try
After a full, hectic day touring around London city, stop by at one of the top Halal restaurants to fill in your empty stomach!
- EaTurkish Restaurant: Mediterranean/Turkish food
- Signature dishes: homemade Doner Kebab & mixed chicken and lamb shish.
- Address: 172 Woolwich Road, London SE7 7RA, England
- Phone number: +44 20 8465 5522
- Shakes & Co. London Dessert Lounge: Desserts cafe
- Signature dishes: Red Velvet waffles & milkshakes
- Address: 182 High Road, Willesden, London NW10 2PB, England
- Phone number: +44 20 8931 0315
- Iran Restaurant: Persian food
- Signature dishes: Sultani grill and chicken tagine
- Address: 27 Shepherd Market, Mayfair, London W1J 7PR, England
- Phone number: +44 20 7409 3337
- Tower Tandoori: Indian/Pakistani food
- Signature dishes: Palak Paneer & Tandoori mixed grill
- Address: 74-76 Tower Bridge Road, London SE1 4TP, England
- Phone number: +44 20 7237 2247
- Maroush Express: Lebanese food
- Signature dishes: Chicken Shawarma & Lamb kebab roll
- Address: 68 Edgware Road, London W2, England
- Phone number: +44 20 7224 9339
Top tourist attractions in London for you to explore
Now that you know where to stay and which restaurant to go to in order to get your Halal food, let’s see which top attractions in London you can visit.
1. London Eye
The giant Ferris wheel, the London Eye, is very synonymous with the city. At a height of 135 metres, it is a perfect place for you to go to, ride and enjoy a scenic bird’s eye view of London.
- Opening hours: 10am – 9pm (sometimes extended to 10.30pm)
- Fee: £27 for adults
- Address: Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London.
- Train station near London Eye: Waterloo Underground Station
2. Palace of Westminster
Learn about UK democracy by visiting one of the top tourist attractions in London – the Palace of Westminster. It is also known as The House of Parliament. Here, you can also see its most prominent feature – Big Ben, also known as Elizabeth Tower.
- Opening hours: 10am – 4pm & 8.45am-4.45pm on Saturdays
- Guided Tour Fee: £28 for adults & £12 for children
- Address: Houses of Parliament, Westminster, London SW1A 0AA
- Train station near the Palace of Westminster: Westminster Underground Station
3. Museum of London
You can also experience a fun learning experience at the Museum of London. It is one of the top museums in the world that showcases interesting galleries such as London Before London, War, Plague & Fire, and People’s City.
- Opening hours: 10am – 6pm
- Guided Tour Fee: FREE!
- Address: Museum of London, 150 London Wall, EC2Y 5HN
- Train station near Museum of London: Barbican or St Paul’s Underground Station
4. Trafalgar Square
Another famous place in London is Trafalgar Square. It is a lively and vibrant main square that offers fun marches, carnivals, rallies, shows, and celebrations. For Muslim travellers, you will enjoy Eid festivals and Halal food carnivals that are often held here in the square.
- Address: Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN, UK
- Train station near Trafalgar Square: Charing Cross Underground Station
5. Buckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace is another London’s must-see attraction that should be visited by Muslim travellers. Here, you can witness the famous ceremony of the Changing of the Guard on the forecourt of Buckingham Palace.
- Changing of the Guard times: Daily at 10.45 am (it lasts for about 45 minutes).
- Address: Westminster, London SW1A 1AA
- Train station near Buckingham Palace: Green Park or St James’s Park Station
Other popular places in London you should not miss visiting
Besides the top attractions above, we are also sharing with you several other popular places in this Muslim friendly London travel guide. Let’s check them out!
- Kensington Palace
- Hyde Park
- Madame Tussauds
- St Paul’s Cathedral
- Camden Market
- Westminster Abbey
- National Gallery
- Royal Albert Hall
- Tower Bridge
- Churchill War Rooms
Use this Muslim friendly London travel guide as your travel reference
We hope you find this Muslim friendly London travel guide useful and make it your travel companion when you are having a Halal holiday in London with your family or friends!
Have you been to this beautiful city before? Share with us your experience in the comment box below. We would love to hear from you! 🙂